If you’ve been in a car accident in Greenville, South Carolina, you may have many questions about your rights, options, and next steps. If you’ve been seriously injured, if you have lost time from work due to your injuries, or if you are having difficulty getting compensation from your insurance company, you may want to speak to the Hayes Law Firm Upstate Attorneys, LLC, car accident attorneys in Greenville, South Carolina. Every case is unique. While the answers to the general questions below are meant to be informative in nature, they don’t replace speaking to a car accident lawyer in Greenville, South Carolina today.
- What should I do after a car accident in Greenville, South Carolina? Call the police. Get medical attention right away. Make sure that everyone around you is safe. As soon as you can, contact your insurance company to report the accident. If you can, take photos of the accident scene. If you have any questions about the insurance claims process, or about your rights after a car accident in Greenville, South Carolina, contact the Hayes Law Firm Upstate Attorneys, LLC today.
- How should I communicate with insurance companies after a car accident? While you might want to call insurance companies to report the accident, you’ll want to avoid making any statements over the phone. You have the right to ask insurance companies and adjusters to contact you in writing. This might be beneficial because it will prevent you from accidentally saying anything that can hurt your case while also giving you the chance to show any settlements to your Greenville, South Carolina car accident attorney at the Hayes Law Firm Upstate Attorneys, LLC before you agree to anything.
- What is my claim worth? The value of your claim will depend on many factors, such as the role of negligence of the other party in the crash, how serious your injuries are, how much time you’ve missed from work, and the value of medical expenses. Pain and suffering damages can be calculated by the Hayes Law Firm Upstate Attorneys, LLC in Greenville, South Carolina. There are many details a car accident lawyer can review to determine the value of your claim.
- What happens if my insurance company doesn’t offer me the settlement I believe I deserve? Insurance adjusters sometimes use formulas or estimates to determine the value of a claim. However, if you provide insurance companies with more specific information about your losses and damages, you may be able to seek a higher settlement under the law. The Hayes Law Firm Upstate Attorneys, LLC are Greenville, South Carolina car accident lawyers who can review your case, review the settlement insurance companies are offering, and speak to adjusters to help you get the settlement you may deserve under the law.
- What is negligence? Most car accidents occur due to human error. If another driver was drunk, distracted, speeding, or broke the law, he or she may be negligent for your crash. The police report may include important details about the role the other driver may have played in your crash. Sometimes, though, the Hayes Law Firm Upstate Attorneys, LLC, Greenville, South Carolina car accident lawyers may speak to witnesses or may gather other evidence to review your claim and determine negligence.
- Do I need a lawyer for my car accident claim in Greenville, South Carolina? Not all car accident claims need the assistance of an attorney. If you were not injured or were only involved in a minor fender bender and are happy with the claim your insurance company is providing, you may not need to speak to a car accident lawyer. However, if you were seriously injured, have questions about your insurance settlement or claim, or just have questions about your rights after a car accident, you may want to speak to the Hayes Law Firm Upstate Attorneys, LLC, car accident lawyers in Greenville, South Carolina.
- How long do I have to make a claim? In South Carolina, you have three years under the statute of limitations to file a claim for your personal injury. However, you’ll want to speak to a car accident attorney at the Hayes Law Firm Upstate Attorneys, LLC as soon as possible, because cases take time to build and resolve.
- Do I need to take my case to court? Not all personal injury claims need to go to court. Many cases can be resolved outside of court with properly-worded demand letters and negotiation. However, you want to speak to an attorney who is willing to take your case to court, if needed. The Hayes Law Firm Upstate Attorneys, LLC in Greenville, South Carolina can review your case and help you understand your options under the law.
- What if the other driver is uninsured or underinsured? Your own insurance policy may be able to cover you for damages and losses. The Hayes Law Firm Upstate Attorneys, LLC in Greenville, South Carolina can review your case, your insurance policy, and help you understand your options and rights.
- What can the Hayes Law Firm do for me? The Hayes Law Firm can help you with all aspects of your car accident claim. Our firm can speak to insurance adjusters, fight negligent parties inside or outside of court, and help you understand your rights if you have been injured in a car accident. You may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim. Speak to the Hayes Law Firm Upstate Attorneys, LLC in Greenville, South Carolina today to learn more.
In the aftermath of a car accident, you need a compassionate and caring attorney on your side. The Hayes Law Firm Upstate Attorneys, LLC are Greenville, South Carolina car accident lawyers who can focus on helping you get the recovery you may deserve so you can focus on healing. Speak to us today for more information.