If you’ve suffered an amputation in a car accident or workplace accident in Greenville, South Carolina, the Hayes Law Firm Upstate Attorneys, LLC may be able to help you protect your rights, make a claim for your losses, and fight to help you get the settlement you may deserve from negligent parties, insurance, and worker’s compensation. Amputation injuries can impact all aspects of your life, from your self-concept to your ability to move and enjoy former life activities. Amputation survivors may require weeks to months of rehabilitation, they may miss time from work, or may be disabled and unable to return to work. Amputation survivors may struggle with financial difficulties as a result of lost wages. They may suffer pain and struggle to care for their families after losing a limb. Losing a limb can also be emotionally traumatic. Individuals may need counseling and additional support.
If you or a loved one lost a limb on the job, in a car accident, or due to a serious injury, you may be entitled to seek damages for your lost wages, medical bills, rehabilitation costs, prosthesis expenses, and pain and suffering. The Hayes Law Firm Upstate Attorneys, LLC is a personal injury law firm in Greenville, South Carolina who may be able to help you with your claim. Our firm only gets paid if you win. Contact us today to learn more.
Understanding Amputation Injuries
According to Industrial Safety & Hygiene News, every year 30,000 amputations take place in the U.S. each year. Some of the leading causes of amputations are traumatic injuries stemming from car accidents, workplace accidents (factory accidents, construction accidents, industrial, or farming accidents), electrocution accidents, and firearm or explosion accidents. Car accidents are the leading cause of amputation injuries, with workplace injuries following right behind.
These injuries can be incredibly traumatic for many reasons. Individuals may require hospitalization, rehabilitation, prosthesis, and counseling following this type of injury. Some victims may need work training because they cannot return to their old jobs. What are some impacts of an amputation injury?
- Surgery and Medical Costs. In the immediate aftermath of an amputation, victims may need to undergo emergency surgery. They may need to spend time in the hospital and doctors may need to take steps to prevent infection and blood loss. This process can be costly and painful.
- Adjusting to life without a limb can be challenging. Individuals may need to learn how to use prosthetic devices. They may need to adjust to changes in their appearance. Research has found that quality rehabilitation can lead to better outcomes for amputation victims, but this can be costly. The Hayes Law Firm Upstate Attorneys, LLC is an amputation injury lawyer in Greenville, South Carolina who may be able to help you seek damages for your injuries or assist you with making insurance or worker’s compensation claims so that you can pay for quality rehabilitative care.
- Prosthetic Devices. Prosthetic devices are quite advanced, but these devices can also be costly. Patients may need them for life, so when making an injury claim, it is important that victims and families consider the long-term costs of living with an amputation injury.
- Disability and Missed Work Days. Some individuals are able to return to work with proper rehab, while others may be permanently disabled. Others may be disabled and may need work re-training to find another job they can perform with their disability. If you were hurt on the job or in a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your missed days from work and may be entitled to receive compensation to pay for work re-training or disability.
- Mental and Emotional Changes. Amputations can be disfiguring injuries. Many victims struggle with the ways that an amputation changes their self-concept. Counseling and therapy can be costly. However, proper counseling can make an immense difference in your mental health, wellbeing, and resiliency. If you are struggling to pay for counseling, and your amputation injury occurred on the job or due to a car accident, the Hayes Law Firm Upstate Attorneys, LLC are amputation injury lawyers in Greenville, South Carolina who may be able to help you.
If you suffered a serious injury on the job or in a car accident, you may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law. Fortunately, the law offers important protections to workers and to those who have been hurt due to another driver’s negligence or neglect. The Hayes Law Firm Upstate Attorneys, LLC are personal injury lawyers in Greenville, South Carolina who work closely with those who have suffered serious and life-altering injuries. We only get paid if you win and may be able to assist you with your claim today.