If your maiden or former married name is being resumed, you can expect the Court or your attorney to ask you questions similar to the following:
- Do you desire to resume the use of your maiden or former married name?
- Are you doing so to avoid creditors?
- Have you filed bankruptcy in your current name
- Are you doing so to avoid criminal prosecution
- Are you aware of any warrants out in your current name
- Have you had your driver’s license suspended in your current name
- Are you listed with the state for abusing or neglecting children
- Are you under an order to pay support (alimony/child support) in your current name
- Are you on any terrorist watchlist
The Court or other counsel may always have additional questions.
Please be sure when you review your proposed Order that the spelling of the entire name (including middle name) is accurate.